WEIGHT LIFTING can be a very intimating activity for many, especially when you don't know where to start. But we at Vive Fitness believe there are too many health, both physical & mental benefits to leave strength training out of your workout schedule.
So we thought we'd draw up an entry level scrip for the recently motivated to follow.
Remember, before you get started:
If you have questions about an exercise: Ask.
If something doesn't feel good, doesn't feel right, or down right hurts: Stop.
To keep you motivated I've listed a few BIG BENEFITS of Weight Training...
- Not only does strength training increase your physical work capacity, it also improves your ability to perform activities of daily living.
- It improves bone density. One of the best ways to staff off bone loss as you age is to add strength training into your workout plan.
- It Increases the strength of connective tissue, muscles, and tendons. This leads to improved motor performance and decreased injury risk.
- It improves your quality of life as you gaining body confidence.
- Start slowly so you will lessen the likelihood of injury and excessive soreness.
- Start with less sets if that makes you feel more confident - Work out to more sets + reps as you go.
- Use the correct weight amount. You're building your body, not your ego. Using too much weight will increase your chance of injury and your form will mostly suffer as well.
- Give your muscles time to rest and recovery. A good rule of thumb when starting a program is a 48 hour rest period between weight lifting days.
As always we hope this has been both informative and helpful!
Please share comments or likes!
4023 NE Hancock St
Portland OR, 97212