Pump-up songs can give us a boost and make us feel more powerful. This isn’t just our imagination. Studies have shown that listening to certain types of music can enhance athletic performance in sports, weight lifting, running, fitness classes… really anywhere you can use a little bit of an edge.
Music of course, is a personal preference, but just incase you were looking for some new material I asked a few of the Vive Fitness Trainers to share 3 songs on their latest playlists!
Here’s what they shared:
- Radiolab (Podcast)
- Freakonomics (Podcast)
- Justin Timberlake - “Can’t Stop the Feeling”
- Kayne West - “Waves”
- Drake - “Back to Back”
- The Game - “Ali Bomaye”
- Busta Rhymes - “Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See”
- Jay Z – F*ckwithmeyouknowitgotit
- Mos Def - “Wylin Out (RJD2 Remix)”
- Mattafix - “Big City Life”
- Bishop Briggs - “Wild Horses”
- Jamie XX - “Gosh”
- Rage Against the Machine - “ Bulls on Parade”
- Ratatat - “Loud Pipes”
- The Heavy - “How You Like Me Now”
Got some killer pump music to add? Feel free to throw it up in the comment section!
4023 NE Hancock St
Portland OR, 97212