Proper diet is a powerful thing.
For several weeks now I've been making a habit out of eating healthier. The term healthier is fairly general, so let me be a bit more specific. For most of the week I stay away from white flours, white sugars, alcohol and pretty much any food that is heavily processed. I accomplish this by doing food preparations every Sunday and Wednesday during the week.
This dish is packed full of vitamins and minerals and is relatively easy to prepare. Most importantly, it has been a big factor for me in trimming up... I've come to call it "Vive Magic".
What You'll Need:
- 2 Medium sized Sweet potatoes (Yams)
- 3/4 - 1 Lbs Ground Turkey
- 2 Cups Dry Quinoa (comes in serval colors. So far I prefer the red).
- Seasoning (Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chili power, etc.)
*At two servings a day, should last 3 days.
1 Serving (2 cups) -
Protein: 25 Grams
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees
- Rinse sweet potatoes, then chop into cubes.
- Melt coconut oil on a oven trey and stir in cubed sweet potatoes. (stir trey at 12 minutes. Full cooking time 20-25 minutes).
- Boil 4 Cups of water in large pot. Once boiling, add both cups of quinoa and stir. Bring water back to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer (Should be ready within 15-17 minutes - Water will be mostly gone when ready). Stir often.
- Apply medium heat to a frying pan - add coconut oil and the ground turkey. Sauté turkey for about 5-8 minutes, or cooked through. Stir often.
- Once all ingredients have cooked completely, mix into large (quinoa) pot and season (Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder, etc. - Don't be afraid to experiment here!).
Several of the Vive trainers have found success in using this recipe, so if you're looking for a change in your diet toward a cleaner path, give this one a go - You'll be happy your did!